[3830] ARRLDX CW WA7LNW SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa7lnw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WA7LNW SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 00:39:01 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: WA7LNW
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: WA7LNW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Remote Operation

  160:   34    27
   80:  108    60
   40:  128    62
   20:  377    98
   15:   57    43
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  706   292  Total Score = 617,580

Club:

Comments:

After 50+ years in this hobby, I seem to always learn something new during
contests.  This weekend was no different. Bottom of cycle propagation
observations, N1MM+ software CW settings and my HF remote radio
system(Kenwood,TS-480).

What I learned:

1. Lowering RF gain and narrowing filter to 200-300 Hz during a run...helps sort
out calls.  Using receiver RIT in conjunction helps as well.

2. I received an abnormal number of repeat requests. After adjusting N1MM+ CW
weight value to 35, those requests disappeared and my run rate went up.

3. NEVER operate TS-480 receiver with Pre-amp ON or noise blanker ON during a
contest. Too much RF flying around for the this receiver to handle.

4. Lower RF gain on all bands, but especially on low bands will make a major
improvement on receive.

Thanks everyone for all the contacts!

73 Jack, WA7LNW, Southwestern Utah