[3830] ARRLDX CW W8FN SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@tx.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W8FN SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:02:29 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 4:35

  160:
   80:   67    37
   40:   95    39
   20:   82    48
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  244   124  Total Score = 90,768

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

I only got on for three sessions of S&P. I was able to operate on 20 for
only a short time on Saturday afternoon and didn't really get on 40 until Sunday
afternoon, but conditions seemed to be pretty good. The big surprise was 80 on
Saturday night. With my crummy inverted L antenna with just a handful of  short
radials, I expected only a few QSOs on short-range paths. Instead, there were
lots of EU and they actually heard me very well. I was astonished to end up with
almost as many mults on 80 as on 40. The diversity receive helped a lot on both
80 and 40, and I was mostly able to work anyone I could hear well enough to
copy.

Murphy was mostly on vacation, although I did manage to RF the USB ports in the
station computer Saturday and had to do a cold restart to get things up and
running again. I'll sure be glad when the station hardware is no longer less
than 30 feet from the antennas.

73...
Randy, W8FN