[3830] ARRLDX CW WB8WKQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WB8WKQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:29:25 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   27    24
   80:  112    48
   40:  121    51
   20:  291    73
   15:   73    42
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  625   239  Total Score = 448,125

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A pretty fun contest.  Decided to go LP and that might have been a mistake.
Just hate to put that many hours on the amp.  Hence, I S&P almost
exclusively, except for a couple runs on 20M.  Didn't put in a full effort and
didn't get started until early Sat afternoon.  Only heard a few US stations on
10M and one strong CX station (my only contact).  15 Meters was good into EU on
Sunday, and I think I missed checking it on Saturday.  20M was obviously the
money band.  Had fun Sunday at dusk working JAs and Asiatic Russians.  Even
heard a China station, but he didn't hear me.  Fun working a couple VKs on 40M
Sunday, as late as 9 am.  Amazing how really open the bands are, and you don't
know it until some contest like this brings everyone out and onto the bands.  I
think this was my first somewhat serious effort on this contest, with N1MM
logging and all of that.  It should set me up with a good baseline for the
future.  But might really consider using HP next time.  Thanks for all the fun
and Q's.