[3830] ARRLDX CW K2DM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dm@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2DM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 02:12:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: K2DM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:   17    13
   40:  295    76
   20:  201    59
   15:   66    37
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  581   187  Total Score = 325,941

Club: The Villages Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

This is a great contest for us to enter from our deed-restricted,
antenna-limited retirement community.  I used my 20-foot vertical (disguised as
a flagpole) for 20M and 10M, and a temporary 40M inverted vee (at 20 feet) for
40M, 80M and 15M.  The inverted vee works particularly well on 40M.  I set a
target of 500 QSOs, fired up my KPA500 amp and had at it.  Some have complained
about conditions, but for me they were great.  There were tons of stations to
work on 40M and 20M, my main bands, and 15M even opened a little bit.

I had expected to do mostly S&P, but every time I rolled onto a clear
frequency I tossed out a few CQs - and I actually got answers.  I had a number
of short runs on 40M and 20M, but I also had a few longer runs.  I had one run
of 38 QSOs on 40M and one of 45 QSOs on 20M.  Despite my success, I only put in
somewhere between 17 and 20 hours (N1MM+ says 17 hours).  I would operate for an
hour or three, then take a break to eat, sleep, or watch Harvard basketball.  I
operated very little on Sunday.

All in all, it was a pretty fun time.  Thanks to my friends in TVARC for keeping
it interesting, and thanks to all the stations who worked me.  Some of you were
very weak and up and down with the deep QSB (as I suspect I was).  So thanks for
making the effort.  Congrats to fellow TVARC member K2PS who beat my score while
operating low power.  Well done, Pete.

73,
George K2DM