[3830] ARRLDX CW W9FI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wysocki1@mindspsring.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W9FI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:22:43 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W9FI
Operator(s): W9FI
Station: W9FI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Tucson, AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   12    12
   80:   46    34
   40:  111    55
   20:  187    66
   15:   24    18
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  383   185  Total Score = 212,010

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was a part-time effort, as I squeezed some contest activity into an
otherwise committed weekend. My goals for this contest were to learn better how
to use my "almost new to me" radio during contest conditions, and to
regain some familiarity with the contest software.  Both goals were achieved.

10m was dead on the hours when I checked it. Signals were weak, and few and
far-between, on 15m. 20m and 40m were surprisingly good and I wished I had more
time to operate on them. 80m was open for more than 90 minutes past sunrise. I'm
surrounded by mountains on three sides and that really limited what could be
done on 80m and 160m.  I could hear many more 160m DX stations than I could
contact.