[3830] ARRLDX CW K3WJV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3WJV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 20:23:41 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   76    59
   80:  334    82
   40:  467    95
   20:  954   109
   15:  143    68
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1974   413  Total Score = 2,435,874

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

160 was unbelievable for my short 142ft loading coil inv vee at 50ft.  Some Q's
took a few repeats but most other times I would get no response from EU. Thank
you to the propagation spirits that let 15mtr condx arise from the ashes for a
few good hours on Sunday otherwise my 160 dx total would have beat out 15.

In the past I have done very little running in ARRL or CQWW on 40 & 80 for
some
reason (I have no idea why). This time I ran everywhere except 160. Although my
station is set up for it I haven't done any so2r operating in the major dx
tests either. The only reason I checked the so2r box is because late on Sunday
I was running on 40 and saw the FK8 mult in the bandmap for 20 and snuck it in.
I also saw the VK2 that was just another Q but snuck that one in too. I was
actually so1r but using both rigs to lighten the workload on just one amp plus
like to play with all my toys.

I beat my previous best ARRL score by 13 Q's & 13 mults. Who says 13 is
unlucky?
It was a very fun and enjoyable contest. I bet phone won't be like that!

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron
Inv vees for 40m-80m-trapped 160 @ 50ft

Palstar HF-AUTO    WinKeyer USB & Vibroplex paddle
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog - DXE ncc-2
SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger