[3830] ARRLDX CW K4TCG(@K0EJ) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4TCG(@K0EJ) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 22:12:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K4TCG
Operator(s): AD4EB K0EJ N4ZZ W4NZ
Station: K0EJ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   86    57
   80:  535    84
   40: 1157   106
   20: 1287   115
   15:  487    87
   10:    9     6
-------------------
Total: 3561   455  Total Score = 4,829,370

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Starting our 26th year of contesting in Tennessee, we celebrated by using the
Tennessee Contest Group club call of K4TCG. Operating from K0EJ's mountain-top
station about 25 miles north of Chattanooga, Mark and I teamed up with Jim AD4EB
and Don N4ZZ who travelled down from the Nashvile area.
Conditions were pretty much what was expected for this part of the cycle.  We
did expect a bit more out of 10M but 80m and 160m produced a lot of excitement.
Running Europeans on 80m from this part of the US was a real treat. There is no
internet on the mountain and cell service is spotty.  However we did find a
"hot spot" in a corner of the shack and turned my iPhone into an
access point to get packet spots into our network. This helped with both
multipliers and QSOs.

But good fun, good fellowship and good food (especially the cookies provided by
Mark's xyl, Judy) were the orders of the day. A big THANK YOU to Mark for
hosting this operation, it is always a lot of fun. And thanks to all the people
who called to give us a QSO.

73, Ted W4NZ