[3830] ARRLDX CW K9ZO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K9ZO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:40:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:  122    65
   80:  263    89
   40:  204    90
   20:  700   103
   15:   90    53
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1380   401  Total Score = 1,655,328

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was one of the first efforts to determine where improvements are needed.
160 was pretty good, but I receive better than transmit so need a bigger
antenna!  The 80 meter ¼ wave vertical wire worked really well as well as the
receiving antennas. It has 45 radials, 450 sq ft of chicken wire and the sump
pump drains into the radial field.  The SteppIR does not work on 40 and rarely
resonates in the band.   It was difficult to work Europeans on an inverted vee
at 35 ft.  I never was able to work farther than Japan in the morning; no middle
east.  I heard 4U1ITU on the 3 low bands, but no QSOs resulted.  I happened to
get on 20 at the right time and had a pair of 170 hours, ending up with 452 QSOs
in 2.5 hours.  CWT practice really helped.  15 was a few passes to catch the
coastal multipliers.  The bands got noisy at times as a snow squall came
through.  Overall a good weekend.