[3830] NAQP RTTY KG5U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KG5U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 06:34:04 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 7:59

   80:  167    41
   40:  104    34
   20:   39    20
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  310    95  Total Score = 29,450

Club: Texas DX Society

Team: TDXS

Comments:

What a day. At 0740 my bedside clock-radio shut off. Power outage. It lasted
until 30 minutes before my first QSO at 1947. The 30 minutes were taken up by my
fumbling my way through setting up my new radio for RTTY...for the first time
(shame on me for not having tried it earlier in the week). At any rate, it was
slow going until I got to 40 and 80 where I seemed to be able to hold a freq and
CQ my brains out and get enough replies to keep me from going S&P.
S&P'ing with this radio is guesswork as to where my signal really is
frequency-wise. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong; it shouldn't be this hard or
labor-intensive.

At any rate, I had a great time and almost wished it went longer.

73,
Dale, kg5u
Houston, TX

Station: