[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF9CW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB ZF9CW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:39:26 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: ZF9CW
Operator(s): ZF9CW
Station: ZF9CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 608  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 45  Total Score = 342,604

Club:

Comments:

I really had no idea what to expect regarding activity and number of contacts to
be made.  Should have looked at previous results.  I assumed it would be a
ratefest with 100-150 per hour for hours on end.

8 hours into the contest I had a total of 250 contacts, was bored and couldn't
stay awake.  Also was having negative thoughts about Phone.  It was unbelievable
how many times i was asked "What is your state?" after they knew my
call sign and had copied 59 8.  Went to bed two hours before European sunrise
and told Rita I was quitting.

Saturday I put my top loading wires up higher, put down another dozen radials
and came back to announce to my wife that I was loaded for bear and not a
quitter, promising to at least stay on the radio until the sun was up in
Europe.

Finally there was about an hour of having a decent frequency and working some
Europe.

Stayed on until sun was up in Europe and down in ZL.  Highlight was a ZL calling
at his sunset with a very good signal.

73... Stan, ZF9CW