[3830] NAQP RTTY N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:53:39 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8:50

   80:  121    35
   40:  144    36
   20:   43    15
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  308    86  Total Score = 26,488

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Team Foxtrot

Comments:

That was a bit rough. Got on from the beginning and worked 20m for first hour
and a half. Conditions on 20 from this stations perspective were less then
optimum. (stinky!) Got CQd in the face more than I thought should have happened.
Time spent running on 20 was terrible. QSYd to 40 were things were better, but
was already hearing lightening static that was making some contacts difficult.
Split my time pretty much 50/50 running and S&Ping. Once I felt 40 was
milked dry I headed down to 80m, before dark. Seemed like I was just working all
the same stations I just got finished working on 40M! 80m was productive for a
while. Took me to dinner time at about 5:45pm. Ended up taking a bit longer
dinner break due to lightening and thunder nearby. Back in  the chair in the
evening I bounced back and forth between 40 and 80 searching for new stations,
and picking up a few here and there calling CQ. 80m was a bit of a challenge as
the SWR from the ice dam early in the day and soaking rains, shot sky high and
the tuner in the K3S would not compensate, so had to go to the manual versa
tuner. Was able to find a compromise setting on the versa tuner to TX in the
RTTY band pass without having to re-tune as I moved around.
Sure thought I would be able to hit 300 Qs much earlier than I did. Was hoping
for 100 plus mults and 400 to 500Qs. 20m was very disappointing. Lots of
sections missed there.
Sure hope spring conditions for NAQP sessions improve a bit from what they are
now!
Lots of SMC in log, as well as VA and MD. Seems like I worked all state numbers
in VA! Man, VA was all over the place :(

73 Gene, N9TF

K3S 100 watts to 2 element triband at 37', 40/80 short dipole at 35',
MMTTY/N1MM+