[3830] NAQP RTTY NN4RB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN4RB@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NN4RB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 17:52:21 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9:25

   80:   80    27
   40:   61    23
   20:   83    28
   15:    8     4
   10:
-------------------
Total:  232    82  Total Score = 19,024

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

It was a busy contest weekend. Started off with the ARRL 160 SSB contest and
discovered my OCF used as a top loaded vertical did not like high power and the
33' foot remote tuned vertical also went crazy.  This affected this contest
because the remote auto tuner for the OCF was taken out before the RTTY contest.
 40 meters was OK, but 80 meters was high SWR.  I tuned in the shack but the
antenna field strength was not as high as before.  The 33' vertical worked OK
until after midnight and then it went flaky (after a hard rain shower).
I spend more BIC time in this contest in a while and even managed to call CQ a
few times. However, my heart was not in the contest or at least my mind as it
was occupied by the antenna system.  On the good side, the Mosley 33 Classic at
61' worked like a champ.  I am please with the tower, rotor, and antenna
operation, even though I am not trough with project.

73

Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-756PROIII
N1MM+
Micro Ham microKeyer II
Mosley CL-36 at 61'
OCF at about 44' with (not Kat-500) at the base
35 foot aluminum tube mounted on a metal storage shed in the yard