[3830] CQ160 SSB AB8M(@KB8O) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB AB8M(@KB8O) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 18:07:03 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AB8M
Operator(s): KB8O AB8M
Station: KB8O

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 765  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 18  Total Score = 134,384

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Put in a full night Friday night and a partial night on Saturday (based on the
rates between 2am and 6am ET on Saturday morning, it didn't seem worth the
punishment of running until sunrise on Sunday morning.)  The DX Engineering
Receive Four Square Array really made the difference in this event.  On the 7610
we had the 1100ft loop plugged in to one receiver in our left ear and the four
square plugged into the other receiver in our right ear.  There were many times
where we heard west coast and EU stations on the four square that we would never
have picked up on the loop.  Likewise, a lot of the close in stations we only
heard on the loop.  Being able to "steer" the four square also helped
grab some of the weak ones.

Thanks to all the stations we got into the log - it is a shame this is the same
weekend as NAQP RTTY.  We noticed a number of stations made the jump on Saturday
to RTTY.

73!
-Doug AB8M, Jay KB8O