[3830] NCQP K4QPL Mobile SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4qpl2@nc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP K4QPL Mobile SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 04:16:05 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2019

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: Mobile SO Mixed LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 3:10

   80:  126     0       0
   40:  155     0       0
   20:    5     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  286     0       0  Mults = 51  Total Score = 46,308

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Six counties activiated, one bonus station I think. Tad, K3TD, and I planned the
weekend for maximum fun, minimum stress while at the same time trying to host
all the party goers all over the country and the world to the greatest extent
possible.  We considered our own scores unimportant. We split our time between
K4QPL/m (this report) and K3TD expedition mode, multi-op, mixed CW/SSB High
Power from Pender County. (Separate report to follow.)
SC contest was also cut short to 5 hours so we could get over to my Topsail
Beach house (Pender County) in time for leisurely dinner and a good night's
sleep. HP made SSB more fun also until about 1900Z when we shut down, packed up
and then took the long way home mobile CW.
Conditions were pretty poor on Saturday in SC with 40M being the only game in
town. We had some intermittent RF issues which were frustrating trying to keep
N1MM in line with the IC-7610. That persisted Sunday with high power but an
extra ground and a tightly wound coax common mode choke made the Sunday mobile
experience less of a challenge with much improved rate. Tad did a great job
navigating and driving to get us through 6 counties in just 3 hours.
Thanks to all the friends of the Carolinas who made the weekend so much fun for
us with a new pileup of friends at every county change. Love it!
73,
Jim, K4QPL and Tad, K3TD