[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4AB SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larry.k4ab@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4AB SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 00:20:40 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB
Station: K4AB

Class: SOAB HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: Huntsville, Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   54    41
   80:  137    63
   40:  268    75
   20:  732    99
   15:  115    31
   10:   36     9
-------------------
Total: 1342   318  Total Score = 1,258,326

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

This was a challenge on 2 fronts. 1) The weather: Thunderstorms provided
precipitation static that was difficult to overcome.  I listened a good bit on
the 160/80 receive 4 square on 20.  But, when the rain got very heavy, the
static occurred on that system, too.  I didn't even know that was possible. The
storms also produced lightning which forced complete shutdowns. 2) the band
conditions could be described as very poor, to say the least.

Thanks to everyone for the sometimes endless fills.

73,
Larry K4AB