[3830] ARRLDX SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 03:33:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op SB40 Assisted One-Transmitter LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 3:20

  160:
   80:
   40:  31     20
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  31     20  Total Score = 1,860

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Just poked around on 40m Friday and Saturday night late, and last hour of
contest Sunday.
Had other obligations for most of weekend. Tried for some contacts on 80 and
160, but was not heard by DX on those bands. Most all were same DX stations
worked on 40m.
Pet peeve #1, DX station calls "W8j?? please again, and a pile of 5's and
4's and others call, with none of the characters in their calls the DX station
asks for. This goes on for several overs until finally the DX station gets the
W8 through the QRM, or, gives in to the crowd of lids and works the strongest
station to move on. Then all repeats again!

Pet peeve #2, DX station goes on and on working stations with a simple QRZ
between calls not identifying for long periods of time.
Seems to me, these two lidism's are getting worse not better.

Some DX may find my call "NIL" if I had to wait more than a couple
minutes for an ID to know who it was I worked.

So glad I had other plans for the weekend!

73 Gene, N9TF

Rig, K3S 100 watts to 40m dipole at 35'