[3830] ARRLDX SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 04:13:54 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO Unlimited LP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:   0      0
   80:   1      1
   40:  25     19
   20:  60     33
   15:  13      7
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  99     60  Total Score = 17,640

Club:

Comments:

Icom IC-7300 with 100 watts output,(a retirement gift from my parents-Thanks
again!),Heil Pro Micro Headset,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner for 15 and 80
Meters only,MFJ-4245MV Switching Power Supply,and a ZS6BKW up 50 feet,running
N-S at 6,053 feet in Laramie County,Wyoming from Grid DN-71. This was a VERY
TOUGH CONTEST with a very elevated Alpha index of 26..way up in the red!,which
did not help any of us one bit.A 95% Hunt and Pounce effort,with zero DX
stations answering my brief attempt at calling CQ. Lots of DX stations were not
exchanging their call sign with every contact,as clearly stated in the rules of
this contest.Your issued call sign IS NOT "QRZ"! 38% of my 99 contacts
were with NA,35% with SA,15% with OC,9% with AS,and only 2% with EU.I worked 11
stations in Hawaii,2 in Alaska,and 4 in Puerto Rico.Brazil comprised 11% of my
total log,Hawaii also 11%,Japan 9%,Argentina 5%,Chile 5%, and the Cayman Islands
4%.My 38 Multipliers worked were:
BRAZIL,HAWAII,JAPAN,ARGENTINA,CHILE,CAYMAN ISLANDS,PUERTO RICO,U.S. VIRGIN
ISLANDS,ARUBA,COSTA RICA,MEXICO,VENEZUELA,ALASKA,BONAIRRE,CURACAO,DOMINICAN
REPUBLIC,ECUADOR,QUAM,HONDURAS,SINT
MAARTEN,ANTIGUA&BARBUDA,AUSTRALIA,BARBADOS,BELIZE,BERMUDA,CUBA,FRANCE,GUADELOUPE,GUATEMALA,INDONESIA,MARTINIQUE,MONTSERRAT,PERU,PORTUGAL,SAINT
BARTHELEMY,ST.LUCIA,and Uruguay.Several stations required repeat fills due to
significant QSB at times.I really enjoyed using the Water Fall display on the
IC-7300,which makes it very easy to "see" were active stations are
located on the various bands.The digital filtering and DSP noise reduction on
the 7300 really does reduce the fatigue factor of concentrated contesting.My 100
watt,single wire antenna signal traveled a total distance of 399,642
miles,(excluding the Continental U.S.). My average "miles per
"DX" contact" was 4,078 miles.All in all,this was a fun event,in
spite of very challenging band conditions and limited operating time.Yet another
"Boy and His Wire",100 Watt Adventure is now in the books.Thanks to
all who heard and worked me.I enjoyed giving 99 stations located around the
globe the rare Multiplier of Wyoming.
73,
..............NOVEMBER SEVEN MANY ZEBRAS WALKING...........................