[3830] ARRLDX SSB KH6J(@KH6YY) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kimo@lava.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KH6J(@KH6YY) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 04:28:46 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KH6J
Operator(s): KH6U KH7U WH6R WH7W AH6OZ KH6WG KH6XL
Station: KH6YY

Class: M/2 HP
Cabrillo Category: Multi-Two All-Band HP
QTH: KH6
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   36    14
   80:  703    56
   40: 1853    56
   20: 2268    57
   15:  589    48
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 5448   232  Total Score = 3,791,112

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Alex KH6YY for letting us use his station. Thanks to all those who did
or tried to work us. Conditions were tough. A lot of copying was of stations
barely audible in the noise. During setup just before the start we found our
160m antenna had a short. We had to run a temporary coax the second day to
operate the second night. We were the first HF contact for one ham who just
upgraded to General. We worked one ham who was using 5W to a 15m mobile whip on
a mag mount on his car. In a post contest email he said our antennas (8 over 8)
must have been doing the heavy lifting (they are heavy). Hey, at least we got CA
on 10m!
Thanks, Lloyd KH6LC, for supplying this link of the likely bad conditions
culprit:
https://youtu.be/k87CX0HAKk8