[3830] Commonwealth 3B8XF(G3TXF) SO(A)-Open24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth 3B8XF(G3TXF) SO(A)-Open24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 11:46:28 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2019

Call: 3B8XF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: 3B8XF

Class: SO(A)-Open24 HP
QTH: Mauritius
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
   80:   20
   40:  156
   20:  221
   15:   95
   10:    0
------------
Total:  492  Total Score = 5,555

Club: Three A’s Contest Group

Comments:

This was the third year running that I have operated BERU from Mauritius. Each
year the number of QSOs decreases! Except for a short opening to the UK on 15m
during the last hour of the contest, the final twelve hours of this Commonwealth
Contest were a real slog, with appealing propagation and new unworked stations
virtually impossible to find.

Apologies for my weak signal on 80m. I was using the 40m vertical, without any
matching at the antenna. Congratulations to those who copied my serial number
right first time on 80m. No mean feat with my poor 80m TX antenna!

Nothing worked on 10m. I did try a QSY to 10m with near ‘local’ 9J2BO, but
even that did not work!

73 - Nigel G3TXF at 3B8XF