[3830] TBDC PJ2ND(K8ND) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jmaass@k8nd.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC PJ2ND(K8ND) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 19:48:19 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: PJ2ND
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 12:02
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 283  Total Score = 2,786

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Congratulations to ZF9CW, KV4FZ, NP2J, and KH7B for their performances!

Conditions at 12 degrees North of the Equator were not as good as those reported
by those much further North. I listened to ZF9CW and KV4FZ calling Europeans
four hours before I heard the first one from Curacao. This is not a recipe for
success from PJ2!

US stations were not strong, but were not "letter mining weak". The
storms in the Central USA were on display. Those Europeans I worked seemed
fairly strong, but there were not many of them.

I had access to the two PJ2T Beverages (EU and USA/JA) for this Stew, and set
them up to switch automatically with each CQ during the hours before European
sunrise. This was serious improvement for the remote station, as it saved many
key presses.

Worked 8 JA stations, 39 Europe. No VK or ZL heard.

Radio: Elecraft K3 (Remote)
Amp: Elecraft KPA500 (500 Watts)
Antenna: Inv-L
RX Antennas: 1000-foot Beverage (Europe), 880-foot Beverage (USA/JA)