[3830] WiQP WI9WI SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] WiQP WI9WI SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 23:33:10 +0000
                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2019

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: 5 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:      0        0
   80:    110        0
   40:    141       31
   20:     16        9
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
    6:      0        0
    2:      0        0
  UHF:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    267        0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 44,953.0

Club: Four Lakes ARC

Comments:

In my never ending quest to work the WIQP solo from all 72 counties I had 10
left before this year's edition. I was going to meet NE9U and KK9K at Scott's
cabin in FLO and start in MAR, but the weekend storm put the kibosh on that.
Scott and Ron started in the middle of the state and I drove up to DOO on Sunday
AM. The drive up was fine, and the main roads were all OK. The start was slow
with problems with RF into the computer, and the antenna tuner refused to hold a
tune on the 40 antenna. These were solved by some ferrite, rearranging some
cables, and replacing a connector at the antenna base. Unfortunately this took
some time and several trips out of the car, and probably cost me a number of
QSOs. The temperature was fine but winds up to 40 mph kept the car cold if I had
the heater off and shook it quite a bit. As the day went on the weather got a
bit better as did the bands. Twenty was open with some big signals, but nobody
was there. I only made 24 QSOs in the first hour, but had 93 in the 44 minutes I
operated in the last hour. As a solo op I don't operate while driving which
costs me operating time in this short event. Actual op time was about 4 1/2
hours with the remainder spent driving between operating locations. It took 1
1/2 hours to move between BRO and the CAL/MAN county line.

Some data:
Counties: DOO, KEW, BRO, CAL, MAN......only 5 more to go MAR, OCO, MEN, OUT,
WIN
Gear: K3, Microham Keyer, Acer netbook/WriteLog
20 ant: Hamstick
40/80 ant: Bugcatcher
Miles driven: exactly 400 door to door
Time on the road: 14 1/2 hours
WI counties worked on 40 and 20: 1 each

Thanks to all who participated, see you next year from northeast Wisconsin

73
Jim WI9WI