[3830] TBDC WQ4RP Multi-Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WQ4RP Multi-Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 00:41:50 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: WQ4RP
Operator(s): W4MPS AA4XX
Station: WQ4RP

Class: Multi-Op QRP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 9:27
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 163  Total Score = 1,293

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was the first time W4MPS and I have activated station WQ4RP for CW op via
remote control.  We still have a few minor issues to work out, but we both had a
lot of fun and feel confident that more remote control operations are in our
future.

A highlight was snagging KH7B at his grayline, but he wasn't able to copy my
grid at that time due to QSB.  My partner, W4MPS, was able to complete the full
exchange with KH7B a few hours later at our grayline, which made us both smile.

Condx into the West Coast were quite good, allowing us to work more Western
stations than usual.

We were hoping for better condx into EU, but that was not to be this time.

Thanks to the Boring ARC for sponsoring the Stews. And thanks to all the the
great operators out there who make the Stew Perry Contest so much fun.

73,  Paul AA4XX (Trustee for WQ4RP)
aa4xx.com