[3830] Rus DX VE9AA SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX VE9AA SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 12:39:07 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 22.22

  160:    78     0       24         1
   80:   323     5       59        20
   40:   242     0       52         9
   20:   367    21       65        28
   15:    15     0       12         0
   10:     0     0        0         0
Total:  1025    26      212        58  Total Score = 1,386,990

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

This week was a comedy of errors.

Finally got the 2nd radio working (I thought) and the first time I
transmitted,(2 hrs before the contest) the SWR shot up.  A bad connector or
splice somewhere in the line for the only antenna on the 2nd rig, so.....no
SO2R

OK, deal with it.

55 minutes before the contest, the amp trips and won't reset.  Swap in other
amp. Gah! Not a deal breaker, but didn't want to be running around up to start
time.  Makes me grrrrr (hi)

The way condx were, I am not sure there would've been a LOT of bands open, but I
am sure it cost me 5-10% for sure not having the 2nd radio, even if it was on a
small antenna....or at least some mults

Also, I currently have a very poor 160m antenna, no 10m antenna (not that it
mattered) and no 15m antenna (blew down 2 weeks ago and there's STILL 3' of snow
on the ground.  I used my low 160m inverted J to make a paltry 15 Q's on 15
(seems appropriate)

I doubt I missed anything on 10, but would've been nice to get a VE and one of
the Maine stations on backscatter.

Had to dump a few Q's.  Guys are *NOT* waiting for the "TU", so when I
go immediately back with NR? or ?, the station is gone, so a bunch of Q's went
into the dumper if I needed a fill on  the #....

Condx were rotten and I felt rotten anyways. 160m sounded like 6m AU for a time.
 Operated about 22->22.5 hrs, as I took 3 x 15min breaks and fell asleep at
the keyboard for around 45mins, best as I can tell from looking at the
log---good deal the rig wasn't CQing...hahahahah

It is what it is.

Random thoughts:

-I hate cut numbers, especially when they are sent FASTER than everything else
you are sending.  GAWWWD

-This is the EU QSO party.

-The LCR is going to be brutal this time!

OK, dats it...

73 & CU (all of a sudden) in the next one guys/gals.

Mike VE9AA "NB"

IC7410 + some wires + N1MM+, + N3ZN paddles.