[3830] VaQP K4VIG M/MFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K4VIG M/MFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 01:48:15 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2019

Call: K4VIG
Operator(s): K4VIG K3JWI KE4CMA W4NZ
Station: K4VIG

Class: M/MFixed LP
QTH: Wythe County
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:   30      0      0
   80:  169    108      0
   40:  166    154      0
   20:   13      0      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  378    262      0  Mults = 109  Total Score = 111,834

Club: Tennessee Valley DX Association

Comments:

Again this year, several members of our local club, the Tennessee Valley DX
Association, travelled to Wythe County from Chattanooga,TN for this event. This
is our 6th year to make the trip and participate.  The operators were: Gary
K4VIG, Ken K3JWI, Bill W4XK, Billy KE4CMA and Ted W4NZ.  We set up 3 stations,
field-day style at a hunting lodge near Speedwell,VA. The 3 stations consisted
of a K3s, a K3 and a TS590. They were connected to laptops, networked and
running N1MM+ software. The antennas were a G5RV, and two 40M EDZs and a 160m
inverted-L with one elevated radial. The EDZs were fed through tuners for
multiband operation. All antennas were at a good height of 40 to 60 feet between
some large trees.

All this could not overcome the poor propagation. And, I suppose that drove the
out of state activity down as well. Still, playing radio in the woods was a lot
of fun, and we ate well, too! :))

For the team 73,
Ted W4NZ