[3830] Rus DX EA6FO(EC3TW) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, roger.caminal@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX EA6FO(EC3TW) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 06:46:06 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: EA6FO
Operator(s): EC3TW
Station: EA6FO

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Ibiza Island
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   195    0        35        30
   80:   519    0        54        47
   40:   686    0        65        52
   20:   898    0        76        61
   15:   228    0        33        35
   10:     0    0         0         0
Total:  2526    0       263       225  Total Score = 6,534,320

Club:

Comments:

First of all, many thanks to Julio (EA3AIR) and Patro for hosting and taking
care of me during these days.  Things get really easy when you have such nice
people around taking care of you at every moment!

This was my first contest in SO2R, and it has been a complete game changer. Two
radios mean definitely more fun and better results.

We started a bit in a rush as I could only arrive to Ibiza Island on Friday
night. Julio had everything ready for me, and the only task left was to mount
the 240m beverage pointing Europe/Asia before the contest. But of course, this
would have been too easy and it is known that Murphy never sleeps, so right
before the start we had many computer-related problems that made us rush until
couple of minutes before the beginning.

In general, the contest went very smooth and I managed to be relatively fresh
the whole 24h. I also wanted to take the occasion to test a SO2R box (or should
I say 2BSIQ box, as it basically plays with the audio depending on the radio it
is transmitting and sends inhibit signals accordingly) that I made for fun using
Arduino. It turned out to be a success.

Regarding the propagation, 10m were closed during the whole contest while 15m
were mostly closed until the very last hours. No major complaints on the rest of
the bands. I am aware that I missed many multipliers, specially Oblasts. Also my
ratio of points per QSO was way lower than many of the Eastern Europe stations
(5.3 points/QSO), so I guess that the fact of being more than 2500km further
away from Russia with respect to them really makes the difference!

All in all, that was a very fun contest. Thanks to everyone who called and see
you in the next one!

73 de Roger, EC3TW