[3830] WPX SSB ZM4T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZM4T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:00:02 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL2EM ZL3IO ZL4WW ZL4YL
Station: ZM4T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
  160:
   80:   10
   40:  682
   20:  295
   15:  102
   10:
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This was a Youth Contesting Activity from ZM4T done by ZL2EM - Alice (17), ZL4YL
- Xenia (17) and Jaidyn - ZL4WW (15). For Jaidyn it was actually the first time
he got on the HF bands!

The conditions were terrible. 10 m was a no show. 15 m was like a bad days on
ten with deep QSB and signals only coming out of the noise for seconds before
they disappeared again. We had strong auroral flutter on all DX on 10m even so
we have no polar path to JA or US. 40 m conditions were good and as you can see
it was the money band here.
Around New Zealand we have a lot of water but only 100-200 potential contesters
within a 10,000 km radius. With high band conditions being in so bad shape it
meant many slow hours of calling CQ into the noise. It seemed everybody was on
40/20m and when finally there was some business holding a frequency was tough to
impossible for the kids.

We shut down the station at local Sunday 10 pm which is around Sunday 9 am UTC
since they all had to be back in school on Monday morning. We hope we can repeat
this.

73 from the kids
Holger, ZL3IO / ZM4T