[3830] WPX SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, RICHNN3W@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 01:39:25 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   10
   80:  545
   40:  715
   20: 2096
   15:  125
   10:   34
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thx to John Evans for letting me invade the Poolesville station.  Things worked
well and John has spent some time getting items repaired from a rather tough
winter.

First time in the saddle for WPX.  I like this contest - it's quite egalitarian
as  everyone can be a rare multiplier - irrespective of where you are.

Condx were average for this time in the sunspot cycle.  40 was noisier than it
should be.  I didn't feel nearly as loud as I have on that band.  80 was in good
shape.  I avoided 160 for the most part which may have been a mistake.  20 was
nuts with terribly loud signals every 500 Hz.  Very, very tough to find ANY
running room.  15 was disappointing with no Europe at all.  10 was even worse
with very little except north-south.

Some big rates and some "oops" moments.  Should have done off times a
bit better than I did.