[3830] WPX SSB NN5J(K5GO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa5rtg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NN5J(K5GO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 19:22:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: NN5J
Operator(s): K5GO
Station: K5GO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arkansas
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    0
   80:  254
   40:  994
   20:  786
   15:   49
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

First, I like reading these comments from participants.  Wish that some of you
guys who post scores without comments would consider sharing some remarks.

This weekend could be summed up with this... If I could hear them I could work
them.

I don't really like phone so much, especially from Arkansas. The idea of having
the computer do the talking does appeal to me and when I had the opportunity to
try out voicing of call signs and reports I decided I would work a contest that
I would never have worked otherwise.

The K5GO station has been largely dismantled. I thought that I would never
operate from there again and it was a good time. The two remaining antennas are
the 40m Yagi and 80m 4 Square.  When I decided I would work this contest a few
days before the start I made a very small 3L 20m Yagi (14 foot boom) and thanks
to K5RM it got put up attached to one leg of the 55G that serves as truss
support for the 40M Yagi.  I used the 40m antenna on 15m.

The voice thing was very cool.  There are a few tweaks to be made but it is
great.  The computer can say a callsign and report at least twice as fast as
this slow talker from Arkansas.

The only problem I had was a true S9 (with preamp off) line noise coming from
seemingly every direction.  Without a NE Beverage I would not have lasted 15
minutes.  The only exception to S9 noise was a slow moving thunderstorm that
took the meter to 20 over 9 for many hours on Friday night.

Very impressed with the big scores I see posted and I'm very happy with my
effort.

73..Stan, K5GO/ZF9CW