[3830] WPX SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, la5ko@online.no
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 14:17:06 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA0GE LA3BO LA5KO LA7QIA LA7VRA LB1GB LB8IB
Station: LA8W

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: JO59OJ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  264
   80:  667
   40: 1200
   20: 1000
   15:   65
   10:    0
------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

First of all a great THANK YOU to all who responded to us in the contest.

Then another great THANK YOU to our operators, in particular to our first time
8W-operators Peter LA7QIA and Henrik LA7VRA.  We had such a great weekend
together.

With several part time ops and only two full time ops, we decided to enter the
Multi-Two category.

Conditions were not overly good, but I think we made the most out of it.  Conds
seemed good early in the week before the contest, so we were optimistic.  But
the coronal hole hit us hard again - as could be expected 28 days after the same
thing happened in ARRL SSB.  A total of 10 JA QSOs in the log says it all !
Anyhow we are happy with 3000+ QSOs and a new LA record.

One major goal for us was to really test a FLEX-setup thoroughly in a contest,
after a brief test in ARRL SSB.  We used it on the 40m setup, which was the only
band we expected to work for 48 hours.  We did not use a Maestro, merely
SmartSDR with a VFO wheel and an addition pushbutton panel with USB interface,
and we used N1MM Logger+ for the first time.  Really two major learning
thresholds for many of us.
Otherwise K3s on the other bands, and only one antenna per band, so no in-band
stations (yet).

C U all in WPX CW !

73 de
Roy / LA5KO