[3830] JIDX CW K3EST(@N6RO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW K3EST(@N6RO) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 23:55:06 +0000
                    JIDX CW Contest - 2019

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO S50A
Station: N6RO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    8     7
   80:   54    26
   40:  282    44
   20:  199    37
   15:    0
   10:    0
-------------------
Total:  543   114  Total Score = 70,794

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The objective of this contest effort was to acquaint S50A with west coast condx
to JA.  Tine was visiting K3EST, and they attended the Visalia convention on
Friday and Saturday. They arrived in Oakley about 5:30 PM Saturday, when we
started the contest.
Having missed the first 18 hours of the test, we started on 20m, 15m was long
dead by then. We expected the band to close about 02Z, but it was still open
into the 03 hour, when we took a two hour break for dinner at a local Italian
restaurant.  We were surprised to find 20m still open at 06z, and logged another
60 QSOs before the band closed abt 08Z.
40m opened to JA late in the 06Z hour, and Tine did the heavy lifting there
until about 10Z, when Bob took over. N6RO started on 80/160 SO2R about 10Z,
managing a fair QSO total on the somewhat noisy low bands.
All in all, it was a fine time for three Contest HOF friends, contesting and
socializing until after 6 AM Sunday. These all-nighters are becoming tough for
we seniors!