[3830] FlQP N4DY SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4DY SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 03:26:08 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2019

Call: N4DY
Operator(s): N4DY
Station: N4DY

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH: Beverly Hills
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   40:           96
   20:          965
   15:
   10:            2
--------------------
Total:   0     1063  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 77  Total Score = 81,774

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My third FL QSO party has come to a close. After surprisingly winning the FL SSB
category last year I was motivated to put in another solid effort. Hard to do
when the weather and other activities were very tempting. Saturday was  amazing;
I ended the first day with 743 Qs and 69 multipliers, almost exclusively on 20M.
This could have been the end of my contest and I would have been happy. However,
I wanted to best last year's effort, and break the elusive 1,000 Q milestone.

Sunday morning kicked off nicely on 40, then things just kind of stayed slow and
steady through the day. By 15:00 I had surpassed my 2018 results; boy 1,000
seemed like it would arrive by 16:00. Yet, that was not to be, I did not break
the 1,000 Q mark until somewhere around 19:30. Even though Sunday's Q count was
significantly down compared to Saturday; I found the DX Qs to be spread more
evenly. The highlight of my Sunday was working two South American multipliers on
10M at 20:20 and 20:22 respectively. Then in the midst of a dismal close on 20
during the 21:00 hour I worked a good amount of EU DX; with my last six Qs being
solely from the EU. As 21:59 passed into history the EU DX was still calling,
however, after 2 days enough was enough.

Thank you all who contribute to make this event possible; this is my favorite
contest of the year, as it allows even us modest stations to be a big gun for a
day or two.

73,
Rich
N4DY