[3830] 7QP K9DR/7 SO(A)CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9DR@cox.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K9DR/7 SO(A)CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 16:27:04 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2019

Call: K9DR/7
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: SO(A)CW LP
QTH: WY
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:  117
   40:  187
   20:  277
   15:    1
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  582     0       0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 90,636

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I wish my Casper, Wyoming antenna situation was better, but the rotary trap
dipole and inverted Vees for 40 and 80 are what I had to work with.  Ran the K3
barefoot and doubt turning on the amp would have gotten me many more QSO's.  It
took until the late hours of the "Party" before I got my first of two
Wyoming QSO's.  Never did work my friend N7WY who was operating portable in
sparsely populated Niobrara County. I saw him spotted, but could never hear him
on 20 or 40 meters.  Because there are no regular contesters within 100+ miles
of me, working Wyoming from my Arizona QTH is much easier than from my home
here.  Too far for ground wave and too close for skip, except occasionally on 40
and 80 meters.  I'm not complaining...it's just very different from any of my
other QTH's over the past 60+ years.