[3830] 50SprngSprnt KR1ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt KR1ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 04:00:56 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN21
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: IC-7300
Pwr: 100W
Ant: M2 6M3 @ 32ft
Ele: 1900+ft

It is a most enjoyable way to spend a Saturday night on the air with friends.
Hearing HI3 and HI8 at the beginning of the sprint gave me hope for some
interesting Es, but that hope was squashed rather quickly. There were no Es
openings for me, not even any decent tropo. Of course, FT8 is where the action
was. It was interesting to see that even though many folks were not using the NA
contest mode, it didn't seem to be much of a problem now. Kudos to the WSJT-X
development team for all the improvements they made to FT8! I was hoping that
FT4 would be utilized more because most of the signals were plenty strong to
take advantage of the quick exchanges this mode allows. Best DX was K2DRH on
MSK. Thanks, Bob! I am finding that I hear a lot better than people can hear me.
I guess it's time to get a bigger mouth. ;-)

73,
--Alex KR1ST (FN21fk)

Band/Mode break down:

 Band   Mode  QSOs Grd