[3830] WPX CW NF4A(KG5HVO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tlrascoll@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NF4A(KG5HVO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 00:07:45 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: NF4A
Operator(s): KG5HVO
Station: KG5HVO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:   86
   40:  525
   20:  708
   15:  250
   10:   72
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks to Tim AB4B for helping me find a good callsign to use for this
contest and thanks to Charlie NF4A for allowing me to use his callsign.

My original plan was to operate SO2R but the interstation interference was
horrible so I operated SO1R instead. The conditions on the high bands were
better than normal. The 40m wire yagi was really helpful for working EU. 20m
wasn't good in the morning and afternoon Saturday. Fortunately, 15m and 10m
provided lots of QSOs. I heard a few EU/AF stations on 10m Sunday but was only
able to work CR3DX. Also, working a few JAs on 20m at 05-07Z both nights was
surprising!

It was great to see other youth (KN8U, VE7DZO, DK6SP, NN1C, KM4SII ) competing
in WPX!

Thanks for all of the QSOs and see you in the next contest!

73,
Bryant KG5HVO

Station:
IC-7300
Spiderbeam
Fan dipole oriented N/S for 20/10m at 60ft
40m dipole @ 70ft
2el inverted V wire yagi pointed to EU at 57ft
80m Inverted V @ 65ft
N1MM+