[3830] WPX CW II9P M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW II9P M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 18:55:39 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: II9P
Operator(s): IT9CJC IT9EQO IT9ESW IT9GSF IV3YYK UR5MID US7UX YL1ZF YL3DW
Station: II9P

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JM76
Operating Time (hrs): 47

------------
  160:   28
   80:  402
   40: 1207
   20: 1659
   15:  984
   10:  316
------------

Club:

Comments:

Contest         : CQ WPX
Callsign        : II9P
Mode            : CW
Category        : Multioperator, single transmitter
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : ALL BANDS
Class           : High
Grid square     : JM76IX
Operating time  : 47h 59m

 BAND  QSO  PFX DUP POINTS  AVG
-------------------------------
  160   28    2   0     68 2.43
   80  402   73   4   1404 3.49
   40 1207  452  18   4524 3.75
   20 1659  505  25   3320 2.00
   15  984  241  17   1535 1.56
   10  316   67   2    357 1.13
-------------------------------
TOTAL 4596 1340  66  11208 2.44
===============================
     FINAL SCORE:15 018 720

Operators       : IT9CJC, IT9EQO, IT9ESW, IT9GSF, IV3YYK, UR5MID, US7UX, YL1ZF,
YL3DW
Soapbox         : Thanks to our foreign operators for coming. We had a bad heart
attack experienced by Kaspar, YL1ZF,
saved by Antonello, IT9EQO, that quickly went to the local hospital. First aid
response was an obstructed artery in front of the
heart. An angioplasty was needed and a stent was inserted in less than an hour
after Kaspar arrival to the hospital. Kasper is still
in the hospital as he needs some therapy before flying back home. He is very
lucky and we hope to have him again here in Sicily for a
nice vacation and contest but please, STOP TO SMOKE! About the contest, after
the Kaspar health problem, our effort was less intense
but conditions were good and we had some of the best operators in the world with
us. Oleg, YL3DW, slept for 4 hours only during the
contest, Sergey UR5MID was operating very hard from the first morning till the
contest end with Oleg, US7UX, that was a very good companion.
I started the contest with Marcello, IT9CJC, on twenty meters (high rate and
good tandem inband S&Ping) but conditions and contest
rules told us to switch ASAP to forty. In the first morning I decided to skip 20
meters and continue on 40 till 15 meter open. Good
choice. In the afternoon it was a very hard thing to choose between high rate
pileup on 10 with one pointers only and 15 meters but
when 40 opened again, there was not choice with booming signals coming from Asia
on that band. Giuseppe, IT9ESW, was very busy helping
Antonello, IT9EQO, with many faults in the LAN and in the hardware setup. PLC
controller for single possible TX signal on the bands
worked very well. We experienced the same problems announced by LZ5R team in
their soapbox: a number reservation issue caused skipping
some serial numbers. In the second part of the contest we switched off the
number server and we hadn't any problem. We wish to thank
all of you for calling us, we hope to meet you somewhere in the world during a
hamfest but please continue to work us and think about
how lucky we are to be here to talk about this contest. For any of you that
continue to smoke or to drink alchool, we need to ask you
TO STOP DOING THAT AS WE NEED YOUR QSO IN THE NEXT CONTESTS FOR MANY YEARS!

Thank you es 73 de Fabio, IT9GSF.

Created by * DXLog.net version 2.4.1 by 9A5K *
http://www.dxlog.net