[3830] ARRL June VHF KK6MC/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Jamesduffey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KK6MC/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 22:03:48 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  345    93  Total Score = 34,845

Club: New Mexico VHF Society

Comments:

Thanks to the Sunday evening Es, I had the best contest here in several years.
Having just returned from a 7 week/7000 mile road trip I decided to take it easy
and just do a limited rove with the easy DM64/DM65/DM74/DM75 Moriarty
convergence the first day and a more ambitious westerly rove the second day if I
felt up to it, which I did. I did not operate in motion as I didn’t even try
to convince Ginger to come along.

The contest started with a brief, two QSO Es opening, but it was mostly locals
the first day, but they were plentiful and I ended the day a bit better than I
expected for a no Es contest. Made a couple of nice long haul QSOes though.

I felt OK the second day, so I set off for the more ambitious westerly route
consisting of DM54/64/DM55/DM56/DM66. The westerly route gave me a chance to
work some AZ stations, which was nice. The day started pretty much like the
first day, although there was a small Es opening in the morning, but I think I
missed mush of it while in motion.

The contest was really made for me on Sunday evening when 6M opened to
everywhere and I was in DM66, a rather rare grid in the contest. I was about 3
hours from home here, so I pulled up stakes and left with 45 minutes left in the
contest, but the band appeared to be dying with few responses to my CQs and no
new stations on the band.