[3830] ARRL June VHF K8GP(@W8ZN) Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K8GP(@W8ZN) Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 17:10:28 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2019

Call: K8GP
Operator(s): W8ZN K1RA K3MM W4XP ND3F
Station: W8ZN

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FM09te
Operating Time (hrs): 25

    6:  496   149
    2:  204    42
  222:   39    19
  432:   87    31
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  826   249  Total Score = 237,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was the first reunion of some of the Grid Pirates group at my new QTH just
west of Winchester Va. at 2500' ASL. My new building is not complete so we were
kinda open to the elements.

Andy, K1RA, got the internet going late Friday and we finished the station setup
about 10 minutes before the contest started, so much for testing!! This was also
the first time we ran all SSPA's on all bands.

For single antennas on all bands, less than a kw on all bands, we did amazing
well for the first outing, and amazingly enough, not a single failure (except
for the tired operators!!)

Bands were abnormally quiet, I'm sure due to the large 6m openings. Which brings
me to FT8. Folks need to understand it is NOT a contesting mode!!! When the band
opens, go to 50.1 and work cw or above 50.125 and work SSB, your rates will
skyrocket!! It is an incredible piece of software but like any other
"tool" you need to learn the best way to use it. Don't drive a spike
with a tack hammer and don't drive a tack with a 5lb sledge hammer!!