[3830] ARRL June VHF W7D/R(@AC0RA/R) Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W7D/R(@AC0RA/R) Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 23:14:18 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  322   144  Total Score = 46,368

Club:

Comments:

I knew the effort this year wasn't going to be a competitive one but we still
wanted to partake in the contest even though KG5CCI and I(AC0RA) were on a trip
in NV/UT activating rare grids on 6m and 2m. It was pretty much what I expect it
would be contesting from NV as it was a waiting game till 6m open. On Saturday
we operated from DN20/21 with 75 qsos and Sunday we moved over to DN10/11 for
remainder of the contest. Per contest rules we operate only one grid at a time
so DN20 then DN10. The Sunday spot from DN10/11 was very good and we landed a
great 6m opening to help out grid chasers. The opening wasn't strong to any one
place but we worked all edge of the country on an SSB run. Rates weren't that
great but at least 4 times what one could work on FT8. We worked a huge number
of the FFMA leaders that needed these grids which was great.

On 2m we worked 2 MSK144 qsos which counted for the contest. We also made 47
qsos with 33 different grids on 2m EME. We decided to not count the eme qsos in
our log since the only way to play by the rules is to make each qso twice as
long. Since the goal was to give the grids out to as many as possible we
scarified our contest score. If you add the 2m eme qsos in our score could have
been 65,313. Still no winning score but a huge difference.

Rover Station:
2m-12 element LFA, KW SSPA, IC9700
6m-5 element yagi at 45ft, KW SSPA, IC7300

Pictures of the rover and from the entire grid expedition can be seen on @KG5CCI
twitter page. You don't need twitter account to view just go to twitter and
search for his account.

Hope to work everyone in CQWWVHF contest next month. I will be going out for
full rover effort.

73 Wyatt
AC0RA