[3830] All Asian CW K1GQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW K1GQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:34:05 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K1GQ
Operator(s): K1GQ
Station: K1GQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10.6

  160:    0     0
   80:    3     3
   40:   16    16
   20:  106    77
   15:   16    14
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  141   110  Total Score = 15,840

Club:

Comments:

SkookumLogger K3S KPA1500 OB40-2 2XA-3B-12L wires

Some read books during leisurely contests. I fuss with my logging software. Next
year, age prefill will know the birth years of those I worked this year.

All QSOs were Pounce mode. CQing from a suburban lot with a tribander at 60' on
paths near the North Pole isn't much fun. With minimum off-time set to 25
minutes my logger says I operated 10h36m05s. It felt more like double that.

I use a special non-category that I call limited-assisted: I see only spots for
buddies and from sources in New England. That populates the band map overlay on
my panadapter while leaving some unknown blips for me to identify myself. In
addition to pleasant surprises when I find unknowns that I need, I get a feeling
for how well my station hears relative to those in my area.

I worked only one station, JA2AXB, with age greater than mine. I did hear quite
a few non-AS elderly folks as I waited in line to complete a QSO. Hi Fred.

My first two QSOs were with JH5GHM at JE6RPM on 20 and 15, found via buddy
spots. Katsuhiro was doing 2BSIQ. My raw score is 1.36% of his score, a data
point for those debating the merits of modern operating techniques.

My most amazing QSO was 9M2DM on 40, who I found as an unknown blip with no
callers.

My most difficult QSO was OZ4ZF on 20, due to QRM by another caller whose call
had no letters or digits in common with my call.