[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 04:43:09 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Jun 21

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .25

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:  17     14
   15:   1      1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  18     15  Total Score = 270

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

In high winds on Sunday the 40/80/160 antenna tie point fell from the tree
branch where it rested after being thrown there and caught when the tree it was
secured to fell 4 months ago. I'll be back shortly with something. . . .
awaiting removal of the 100-ft dead pine tree and a new connection to a distant
tree in the State Park adjacent to our property.

Major pet cat issues recently. Our cat Talleyrand transported himself to the
neighbor's house in his car, staying quiet until arrival and jumping into the
bush.  Thirty hours later he was spotted, by the neighbor's daughter, lounging
in an oak tree 4 feet from their window, avoiding the German Shephard dog.  So
happy ending, Barbara retrieved him with a ladder while I was working WPX CW. .
The same weekend we pikced up our new kitten Posey (named for the flower
Mariposa; some will call him Buster after a certain baseball player) Tonight
Posey nestled himself between the keyboard and the Bencher keyer and sent some
CW in he middle of one qso.

Will get another ladder organized soon, being reminded of the importance of
ladders with the cat.. . .  but not until aftermid-July trip to Rochester NY for
XYL's mom's 100th birthday.  I will give Edith trouble for scheduling her
birthday event on Bastille Day on the IARU contest weekend. . how dare she do
that!

Lots of hours, mostly fruitless, spent in ARRL VHF on 6m, learning FT8.  Because
FT4 is not time-synced, maybe there's a challenging, novel contest waiting to be
invented.  Ideas?  On 6m, worked many, many East Coast stations, including Joe
Taylor himself, K1JT, and N3KN, Kay Craige.  An honor to work both. Happy to say
we have major ARRL supports in NS. . you can see their calls displayed near the
front of the recent QST.  73 Bill n6zfo