[3830] ARRL FD W2IRT 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, contesting@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W2IRT 1E LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 23:50:16 +0000

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Everything worked fine during the contest. Ran about 90% of the time, despite
being a terrible runner on CW. Still had fun, with a total on-time of 10h30m. I
probably could have stayed out a bit later last night but running the genny at
1:30am in suburbia wasn't something I wanted to do. Likewise, I didn't want to
fire it up too early on Sunday morning.

I was surprised how weak 80 was overnight. I've had some of my best FD runs on
80CW and SSB in years past, but it was pretty flat this year. 40 was a bit
better, but 20 was the sweet spot all weekend. 15 opened nicely toward the end
on Sunday.

Too many lids on phone, as always, but they're starting to spill over into CW,
too. I didn't need guys sending their class and section 4 or 5 times without
being prompted. And one of my fellow club members QSYd too quickly and I never
got his class due to QRM.