[3830] RAC Day K5KG M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, giwagner@k5kg.com, FCG@groups.io
Subject: [3830] RAC Day K5KG M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 18:09:05 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2019

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG N9OU K4NMR
Station: K5KG

Class: M/M HP
QTH: FLORIDA
Operating Time (hrs): 18:13

  160:    7      0       2         0
   80:   59      9       6         3
   40:  223     78      10         7
   20:  302     98      12        13
   15:  147     14       9         3
   10:   49     14       5         1
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  787    213      44        27  Total Score = 417,338

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was my first serious go at the Canada Day, RAC contest.  There was an
excellent turnout for the RAC, and band conditions were generally good.

We ran two K3 KW stations with three ops: N9OU, K4NMR and K5KG. We logged a
total of 1000 Qsos, after dupes, and 60% were with Canadian stations.

Canadian stations that we worked 4 or more times were:
N2VV/VY2
VA2RAC
VA2WA
VA3AR
VA3RAC
VA7NU
VE1RSM
VE2FK
VE3AQ
VE3AYR
VE3CX 7 TIMES
VE3DC
VE3DZ
VE3EJ
VE3EP
VE3FZ
VE3GFN
VE3KZ
VE3MIS 8 TIMES
VE3NE
VE3RUA
VE3SST
VE3TM
VE3VY
VE3WG
VE3YAA
VE3ZY
VE4RAC
VE4VT 8 TIMES
VE5MX 8 TIMES
VE6AO
VE6RAC
VE7DZO
VE7KW
VE7NA

Honorable mention to those "far away" Canadians:
VE8NSD
VE8RAC
VY1AAA
VY0RAC IN NU - this may be my only NU Qso ever!

Given the generally poor band conditions that we have been experiencing, a fun
surprise during the RAC were the European openings on 15m and 10m.

Europeans worked on 15m:
DL1VDL
LD6KVA
F5IN
F5MUX
F5OHM
G3ORY
G4BWP
HA9RT

Europeans worked on 10m:
F5OHM
DL1REM - amazingly loud on 28,025 kHz at 1854z!
G4PVM
PA3GDD
EI0CZ
F5TGR