[3830] RAC Day VE7RAC(@VE7IO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7io@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE7RAC(@VE7IO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 21:10:53 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2019

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VA7QD VA7NLF VA7NF VE7IO VE7TI
Station: VE7IO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    6      1       2         0
   80:   21     40       4         5
   40:   77    143       5         8
   20:  274    360      12        12
   15:   40     41       6         5
   10:   27      1       3         1
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  445    586      32        31  Total Score = 354,186

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Again for this Canada Day event we had our usual congenial team of operators
coming together for fun. Band conditions were about what we expected but we were
hoping for better.  We are constantly trying to improve station grounding in
order to reduce noise which is our biggest challenge. Some improvements have
been made but we still have a ways to go and new home construction is not
helping.

We ran 3 stations and tried to balance CW and SSB time as best we could.  We
have two YL ops on SSB and they seem to be very popular.  We also missed some
overnight opportunities on 80 and 160 CW.

We thank all the stations that made it into our log and made the contest so
enjoyable.

73
Fred VE7IO