[3830] IARU VA3DF SOAB(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3df66@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VA3DF SOAB(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 12:27:22 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   15      0      4        2
   80:  101     18     13       20
   40:  111     24     11       20
   20:  244    113     21       34
   15:   70     32     19       20
   10:   17      5      6        7
-------------------------------------
Total:  558    192     74      103  Total Score = 412,764

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Much better conditions than I expected! Things were kind of rough at the start
but progressively got better. Called it quits at 0452Z.

What the ...? Working EU on 10 near the bottom of the cycle was a great
surprise.

Some EU stations were LOUD on 80. Used my beverages - one 440 feet long and the
other 580 feet - very nice. The longer one was a new addition this summer and
the shorter was a rework of a former bi-directional beverage.

On 20 early in the contest and seeing spots for 15 - did a quick QSY but either
nothing heard or very weak.Figured it would be just a matter of time before
propagation opened to myself. Repeated this several times before I realized I
had been listening on the 80 m inverted V. Note to self - STOP BEING AN IDIOT!

Good to get back on CW and get that FT8 stuff out of my head :>)

As usual, it's a jungle out there...

73,

Doug
VA3DF