[3830] IARU K7RAT(N6TR) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K7RAT(N6TR) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:56:34 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:    18            5
   40:   382           29      15
   20:   684           26      29
   15:    60           10       5
   10:     2            1       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1146    0      74      46  Total Score = 428,040

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Got tired of listening to the noise and threw in the towel around 0500Z.

This contest was used as an excuse to spend some quality time with the radio
station.  Found that one of my Steppir driver chips got fried by a recent
lightning storm (unusual for us) and spent most of Friday getting that fixed.
Was also trying to get a vintage amplifier running which didn't work out so well
- so abandoned that project.  Also found some antenna switching issues and
resorted to my very old MFJ switch.

However, everything worked well during the contest and am pleased with the
station performance.  Almost no EU until around sunset and then the band was
very good for a few hours.  Activity seemed a bit thin, but maybe I am comparing
it to WRTC last year.

Radio: K3 + Alpha 77

Antennas:
4 element Steppir Monster (old style) - 98 feet high on a hill
2 element Force12 - about 40 feet high on the side of a hill
80 meter vertical

Nice to work some CW!!