[3830] IARU KL0R(@KL7RA) SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wigi@kl0r.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KL0R(@KL7RA) SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:06:53 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: KL0R
Operator(s): KL0R
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Kenai, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:     4     0      2       1
   80:    24     0      8       1
   40:   346    39     24      13
   20:   642   158     29      31
   15:   101     0     13       3
   10:     3     0      1       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1120   197     77      49  Total Score = 628,110

Club:

Comments:

More fun than I thought. Things to do differently next time...

1) Go to bed before 11:30 PM (0730Z) the night before the contest.
     1a) Quit fishing before 9 PM the night before the contest.
2) Get more familiar with summertime arctic propagation, which means getting on
the air more...
     2a) Find a better balance between ham radio and fishing
3) Go on Amazon and order more sunspots, use Prime, and choose next day
delivery... and do it on Thursday.

I was really happy with the effort... I was serious about it, in that I decided
to put the full 24 hours into the contest... and I only quit early because I was
making a lot of mistakes at the end... I did "play" around some, which
cost me some rate, I think... I know... tried to pick up some unusual mults at
unusual times... for example, tuning 15 at 10Z looking for Europe, while cycling
on 40, 80 and 160. I barely heard some... though EF8R was S/P, and was LOUD...
but I couldn't get his attention. Probably because he was pointed at Europe,
which is kinda at Alaska.

Not a top notch score... but for the sunspot minimum, and for never having done
this contest before SO, I learned a lot... and I will be back.

Thanks for the Qs, everyone!

73, Wigi, KL0R (at KL7RA)