[3830] CQWW VHF W0PV SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, johnrech@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W0PV SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 22:58:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: W0PV
Operator(s): W0PV
Station: W0PV

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: EL87
Operating Time (hrs): 6

    6:  193   105
    2:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  193   105  Total Score = 20,265

Club:

Comments:

Quite a surprising event! Many thanks for all who made a QSO with me.

Sure wish I had my old beam back up, its still in the garage since hurricane
Irma. But managed to drag up a sloping wire dipole with one end @ 30ft AGL.

New Icom IC-7300 works fine on 6m, all modes. But with a NO GAIN ANTENNA it sure
could use a bit more QRO behind it. I can not work everything that I hear, lol.

First time really using FT4. It had a HUGE impact. It was a full 50% of my
QSO's, see breakdown below.

Interesting new op strategies come out under the circumstances, choosing optimum
times when to switch modes between FT4, FT8, or analog CW-SSB. Certainly SO2R
wold have been a big advantage.

I admit, it didn't take long for FT4 to spoil me - after a brisk run, going back
to FT8 was a PITA! How did anyone ever tolerate the pace of JT65? Oh I did, lol.

It will be interesting to see how much further FT4 is adopted. Despite it
feeling a bit less sensitive as the developers state, the quicker sequence
period definitely seems to be an advantage on 6m, where the E skip QSB peaks and
voids can destroy attempts using the longer timing of FT8.

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
    50  CW      24      24    9   1.0
    50  FT4     98      98   56   1.0
    50  FT8     26      26   19   1.0