[3830] CQWW VHF N0JK Hilltopper QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N0JK Hilltopper QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 03:51:32 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: Hilltopper QRP
QTH: em28
Operating Time (hrs): 1

    6:   5     4
    2:
-------------------
Total:   5     4  Total Score = 20

Club:

Comments:

A short effort from the parking lot of the hospital I work at to hand out some
Qs. Heat index was 115 deg and I toasted in the heat. Set up very basic on 6
meters -- MFJ-9406 radio, 1/4 wave whip on car, USB microphone to laptop for
sound input, held radio mic. to PC speaker for audio output on FT8. It works
well, but due to the heat the radio drifted, which made it difficult for people
to decode me. The FT8 traces were wavy. Two Qs on FT8, and 3 on SSB. K9OM EN65
pinned the meter of the radio. I knew 2 meters was open for Es at this time
(1930z July 20) but 2 meter radio at home...