[3830] NAQP RTTY W6JBR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6jbr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W6JBR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:37:31 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W6JBR
Operator(s): W6JBR
Station: W6JBR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oceanside CA USA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:01

   80:   3      1
   40:  40     21
   20:  43     19
   15:   5      4
   10:
-------------------
Total:  91     45  Total Score = 4,095

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Even though condx were not great, I had fun during the time I was on.
This was my 2nd RTTY contest with my new K3. In the first one, I ran AFSK.
I was planning to build a FSK keying circuit for NAWP, when I found info
regarding a firmware update for the WinKeyer3 USB that enabled it to perform
both PTT & FSK functions for RTTY, using N1MM+. I thought, ‘That sounds
cool!’So, I did the update, and quickly wired up a pair of RCA plugs to the K3
15 pin HD D-Sub connector, and fed it from the PTT2/KEY2 Outputs of the
WinKeyer. It worked flawlessly, saving me from needing to build an FSK keying
interface, and from taking up another serial port.

All of my station upgrades have made noticeable operational improvements.
Now, I just have to improve my antenna situation!

Thank for the Qs. C U next time!

73, JR

Station:
Elecraft K3/100 (QRP)
ACOM 1000 @ 100W
Nye-Viking MB-V-A Tuner
31 foot wire ground mounted vertical, fed via 9:1 unun
Dell WinXP
N1MM+ with MMTTY
WinKeyer3 USB in FSK Mode