[3830] CQWW VHF AJ6T SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aj6t@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AJ6T SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 23:36:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 10:21
Radios: SO2R

    6:  144    78
    2:   11     8
-------------------
Total:  155    86  Total Score = 14,276

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Lost time struggling with WSJT-X problems after installing version 2.1.0 but
finally got that working.  I ran two instances of WSJT-X on a single PC,
controlling separate radios on 6 and 2 meters.  WSJT-X played fairly well with
N1MM+, but there was some confusion with stations not running contest
mode.  The CQWW VHF contest rules are a bit self-contradictory, and I wish we
had been playing by the ARRL rules allowing skeds.  Six meter E-skip
propagation was only fair toward the west, but New England was into Alabama for
most of the contest.  I made some QSOs with new mode FT4, and I was
surprised at the number of repeats required on that mode even with strong
signals.  I'm looking forward to smoother integration of WSJT-X with N1MM+.
I heard some 2m E-skip signals on SSB Saturday afternoon, but my 50 watts were
not enough to break through the QRM to snag stations in North Dakota
and Minnesota.